Are you ready to get your hands dirty and unleash your inner artist? Join us for a two-hour pottery wheel class designed for beginners, couples looking for a unique date night experience, or experienced potters seeking dedicated wheel time. This class is a fantastic opportunity to learn the art of wheel throwing and create your very own ceramic masterpieces. (Suggested for ages 16+)
Duration: 2 Hours (Includes instruction, wheel time, & clean-up)
Suitable For: Beginners, Date Night, and Experienced Potters
Cost: $50 per person
- Expert Instruction: Our experienced pottery instructor will guide you through the entire process, from centering the clay to shaping your piece.
- Clay: Each participant will receive 2 (1.5 lbs.) of low-fire clay.
- Tools and Materials: We provide all the necessary tools and materials for your pottery adventure.
- Finished Piece: Each artist will be guaranteed to create one piece of pottery on the wheel during the class. Optional: If you're feeling particularly inspired, you have the option to create a second piece during the class using an additional 1.5 lbs of clay (included in the cost).
What to Expect: *PLEASE NOTE OUR STUDIO IS IN THE BASEMENT! ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL NEED TO GO UP AND DOWN STEPS FOR CLASS*
Introduction: Class WILL begin with introduction to the pottery wheel, clay, and basic techniques. No prior experience is necessary; our class is tailored for beginners.
Hands-On Experience: You'll have the chance to sit down at the wheel and start shaping your clay under the expert guidance of our instructor. Feel the clay spin and transform beneath your fingertips as you try the wheel for the first time or are a seasoned potter bringing your creative vision to life.
Create Your Masterpiece: During the class, you'll focus on practicing and creating one piece of pottery. For those more experienced you may choose to make a second piece, included in the cost of the class.
Finishing Touches: After shaping your pottery, you will leave your piece/pieces to dry for about 2-4 weeks. You will not take anything with you on the day of class. We will contact you once your pottery has been fired for the first time.
Glazing and Firing: Once your masterpiece is complete and has been fired once it you will be notified to return and glaze your piece during our regular retail hours or open studio times (2-4 weeks). We'll provide glaze options and guidance for adding the final artistic touches to your piece. *For those of you that made it a date night...think of the glazing step as a second date!!*
- Dress comfortably in clothes that you don't mind getting clay on.
- Aprons and towels will be provided to protect your clothing.
- All unused clay will be reclaimed to minimize waste and ensure sustainability.
Whether you're looking for a fun and creative date night, a relaxing beginner's pottery experience, or dedicated time on the wheel as an experienced potter, our pottery wheel class offers something for everyone. Unleash your creativity and take home not just a finished piece of pottery, but also unforgettable memories of your time on the wheel. Join us for a memorable artistic journey!
***Super serious information***
Tickets are NONREFUNDABLE under any circumstances. If you are unable to attend, feel free to pass your ticket on to a friend. We must have at least 4 people signed up in order for the class to run.
* OUR CLAY CAVE IS LOCATED IN THE BASEMENT YOU WILL NEED TO BE ABLE TO WALK UP AND DOWN STEPS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CLASS*